2.19.2009

Christ Cake

Haha I just remembered pizza christ and how funny james and i thought it was but maybe no one else did.

This is the cake I made for Troy. It's all lens flared and chocolatey. Pretty delicious. I was worried because I always put so much time into cakes (when I make them, which is not often) but I always mess them up by burning them or not cooking them enough. Also my oven is shitty and burns everything. Wow I'm old.

I'm happier than yesterday. except i have to write two-three papers and it is spring break. i didn't go anything really except I am making a mobile of birds and twigs, which I do while watching tv at night. i think tv zapped some creativity out of me. did i say this yesterday? that i don't feel creative anymore really, but people think i'm crafty, except i mostly get patterns for stuff from the internet instead of coming up with ideas. This is something that I find depressing. Also, I used to make fun of people that watched tv all night every night, but I am really becoming one of those people. I used to not watch any tv, then I started watching House. Then Lost. Then it was like a cascade of addiction to stupid shows. Now, I watch Bones, Grey's Anatomy, sometimes ER, Jeopardy (but who doesn't), and I can't think of any other ones. I will watch the CSI and Law & Order shows if nothing else is on. And I don't even have cable. And I don't watch Lost anymore because it's not on CTV this year. This tv thing only started when I started school. The excuse that I came up with is that I think so much during school, and tv allows me to not think at all, which is a nice break. Now it is the reason I am up with that I am getting fatter and fatter cause I could go outside and walk or do something else but i lay on the couch. I think I am going to make it a goal to only watch the shows that I REALLY want to watch and really stop the other ones. Like here is the horrible thing. I like to watch the news sometimes, but after that, there is a half hour until jeopardy where there is only entertainment news and coronation street. i made myself start watching coronation street because i thought it was the lesser of two evils. But really, instead of forcing myself to watch coronation street, couldn't i go for a walk or read a good book or something? Man, i sometimes feel like life has been sucked out of me. i think i need to do something about that. No tv other than jeopardy for a week? maybe i'll try. maybe not though.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Your cake makes me hungry for cake. I like the loko of your blog