The Pacific's Terrific, The Atlantic's Romantic
For those of you who don't know, I work at a call center. It seems that lately, people feel the need to call me and tell me their life stories. The other day, this brittish guy calls. He lives in Toronto. He serirously talked to an hour, and I kept trying to interrupt him to say ok... gotta go, but he wouldn't let me. He was around 60 he said, and his mom died recently and she was buried the next day (because Jewish people bury their dead the day after they die) so he didn't get to make to to england for the funeral so he hasn't had closure so he wants a phone that can work in england cause he's going to go soon so he can have closure. He had a hernia operation recently. he's on disability. he goes to the pub for brunch with his buddies every day. there were winds gusting to over 100 kms an hour the morning that he called. also he lives in the safest neighborhood in toronto cause the police are always patroling. and was picked up by two girls at the pub the other night and they took him home and made him food, and too bad he didn't have a camera phone at the time, cause he would have liked to have taken some shots of them cause they were real cute. He called me his sweety a million times. it's funny what accents can do. cause seriously, if some canadian creep calls me sweety a million times, i'd get pretty annoyed, but my friend david didn't annoy me.

THEN, this lady calls and talks to me for an hour. she has been on 4 cruises. and she saw paul mcartny and she says the song Mall of Kintyre is the best song ever cause it has bagpipes. i told her my brother plays the bagpipes and she got all excited. then i told her i used to highland dance and that my aunt was a world champion dancer. she got way more excited. then she said "Jill? DO you believe in independence?" And I said, "Well.... yeah." and she said, "Jill? Do you have your own car?" and I said "yes." And she said, "THAT'S THE WAY TO GO-GO!!! YOU'RE A SMART GIRL!!!!" She said "That's the way to go-go" about a million times during the phone call. Then she said that the first car she bought was a bright yellow parisienne convertable in the '60's. Her boss asked her why she bought a silly thing like a convertible and she said "Cause when I go to the drive-in to watch movies, i don't want an OCTOPUS ALL OVER ME!!!! HAHAHAHAHA" She did a lot of amazing things, so after everything she said, i said, "Wow." and then she kept making fun of me for only being able to say wow and she'd start laughing and yelling "Wow!! Double wow!! hahahaha" when i told her that i was from pei, she said the atlantic's romantic and laughed a lot and then said the pacific's terrific. she also just out of nowhere said"Once, when i was in Toronto, I met a girl from Nova Scotia and her name was Beverly Pickle and she likes sardines!! Isn't that FUNNY?!?!?!" God. wierd. Oh, also, my brittish friend told me that God likes love, not worship. Those have been my two favorite callers ever I think.
there is a little girl that lives accross the street from me, and this morning, when i was opening up my blinds, I noticed that she was sitting in a tire rut on the side of the road in her front yard, with her back to the road. When I left the house, she was kinda standing around the same area. When I came home, she ran out in front of the car and stopped in the middle of the road, cause she didn't want me to pass, but luckily, my driveway was before where she was standing. Then I watched for a few minutes and she did the same thing to the next few cars that drove by. That's pretty dangerous. Her dad looks like what my dad looked like in the 70's, with a big black mustache and super super skinny and those 70's style shorts that are pretty short and have white stripes on the sides.
I am making curtains today. i went to the fabric store the other day and now they have a Bargain Barn where everything is super cheap and all of the bolts of fabric on this one table are a dollar/meter, and so I got like 12 meters for 12 dollars and that's awesome, cause most of the other fabric i found was like $12 per meter. that's FUCKED.

4 comments:
Those call anecdotes made me laugh. Go-go! That lady sounds hilarious and she should have a movie made about her.
That was interesting
i miss you. I might call you today. My week sucked.
Wow, that kids really is unphotogenic, hopefully she'll grow out of that. Crazy people that call you at work.
woah..i was like whos the cute little boy and i totally understand what you mean cause she is a cute little girl...in person
lol
crystal
Post a Comment