3.18.2006

pop goes the lady

i went shopping today and i was lucky because i bought something in every place that i went and i spent like $400, which is the most I have EVER spent on clothing/footwear at one time. I've actually probably never spent $400 on clothing in a periode of like three months. I bought three pairs of shoes.

I was listening to the radio last night as I was driving home from work, and I was admiring the way the guest spoke. I wish my grammar was better and that I had intelligent things to say. I wish I sounded more intelligent. I wish I was smarter. There is a girl at work that I like listening to when she talks French. She grew up French, so obviously, her French is better than mine. I like listening to French slang, and I wish I could use it. I don't know how to small-talk in French. I hate it when customers are making French jokes to me and I giggle a little, but don't respond, because I can't speak casually. I want to take a French grammar course. I'm such a loser. I just really like the sounds of French and wish I was better. I noticed a few times today, when I was speaking French, that my accent was suddenly different. I want to master a million languages.

Melissa has been talking lately about writing a book... I guess she's always been talking about writing a book. I have always wanted to write a book, and I think another one of my friends always wanted to write a book. I wonder if most people have a bit of a desire to write a book. There are certain things that I thought of when I was a kid that just always stuck with me. For example, when I was a kid, I expected that I would write a book someday, that I would have twins, and that I was "different". Do all kids want to write a book? And do all kids feel "different"? Like I always felt like I didn't belong, or there was something about me that didn't fit into the normal kid thing. I am curious about whether or not most kids feel that way. Someone told me when i was a kid that twins run in the family... skips a generation... Since then, I thought I would someday have twins. I still think I will.

I wish I had a book of poems by e.e. cummings. when I lived in montreal and went to a cegep, i had to take an english class and we spent a lot of time on poetry, which i mostly found boring, except for e.e. cummings, and ever since, I've looked for some books in used books stores but never found one.

I got the chicken pox when i was a kid, and I also got the chicken pox when I was 19. troy and I both got them. Troy went to the doctor, and the doctor told him that he had antharax. then said "just joking... it's the chicken pox" god, if i was a doctor, i would make that joke all the time. I should email that joke to the writers of House. House would make that joke. So to all you non-believers that think you can't get the chicken pox twice, YOU CAN. and also, the more you get them, the more chance you have of getting shingles, and that is supposedly potentially dangerous. so WATCH IT MUTHA FUCKAS

1 comment:

Melissa said...

i love that doctor
i think i always felt different and liek i didnt belong but thats cus i wsa big loser with no social skills.
I always think ill end up with twins on account my mom being a twin too which is partially why I am fuck that to having kids cus twins is HARD.